Creative Ideas


A lot of ideas I’d thought of were plucked from my head, so they were pretty original. There were a few that were based off a few short films that I’d seen on youtubers however I never used those. The plots I’d originally started with were things similar to, two people being set up on a blind date and when they arrived they knew each other, or two people going on a blind date who hate each other but over the course of the short film they grow to actually think they were too quick to judge and a similar idea for two people getting stuck in a lift.

I didn’t want to create a short film with any comedy because I think that would be too challenging. I was more focused on something visually easy to create with limited dialogue, however this became quite difficult as I had to write so much more to fulfil the brief and without the use of dialogue, I had to extensively use description.

The genre ideas, of a mystery/thriller, were based off novels or films. News stories and documentaries about murders or crime, I was also interested in. Nothing specifically caught my eye, especially as I already had my idea mapped out before having to think about adaptions from other types of media texts other than the set short films.

Comments

Popular Posts