The Ellington Kid (Dan Sully, 2012)
The Ellington Kid - 7/10
About
In a typical south London kebab shop, Nathan explains to beefy why he really shouldn't eat the burgers.
Narrative
Linear narrative with the use of flashbacks. Starts with two friends in a kebab shop, talking. Then it shows how a guy gets stabbed and flees into a shop. The gang chase him and then they have a stand off with the owners of the shop. The friend jokes about the gang being turned into the meat for the burgers but the owner hints that it's true.
Liked
I enjoyed the flashbacks in this piece and how the narrative's ending was ambiguous.
Disliked
There was nothing that I specifically disliked about this short film, it just wasn't my favourite one.
Inspiration
The use of analepsis is something I want to have a look at for my own project.
About
In a typical south London kebab shop, Nathan explains to beefy why he really shouldn't eat the burgers.
Narrative
Linear narrative with the use of flashbacks. Starts with two friends in a kebab shop, talking. Then it shows how a guy gets stabbed and flees into a shop. The gang chase him and then they have a stand off with the owners of the shop. The friend jokes about the gang being turned into the meat for the burgers but the owner hints that it's true.
Liked
I enjoyed the flashbacks in this piece and how the narrative's ending was ambiguous.
Disliked
There was nothing that I specifically disliked about this short film, it just wasn't my favourite one.
Inspiration
The use of analepsis is something I want to have a look at for my own project.



Comments
Post a Comment