The Arrival (Daniel Montanarini, 2016)
The Arrival - 9/10
About:
A woman contemplates whether or not to keep her baby, while waiting for her lover to arrive in a small café.
Narrative:
A young woman sits down in a small café and orders herself a drink. We hear her internal thoughts, debating that she should've ordered a decaf or tea.
Liked:
I like the idea of the narration of her internal thoughts. It instantly aligns you with the character. I also like the returning themes throughout, like the coffee order. I liked how it was one take and the use of lighting is very creative.
Disliked
Only because it was left on a cliff hanger, I'd like to know how the conversation went.
Inspiration
I would look into using narration in my own piece.
About:
A woman contemplates whether or not to keep her baby, while waiting for her lover to arrive in a small café.
Narrative:
A young woman sits down in a small café and orders herself a drink. We hear her internal thoughts, debating that she should've ordered a decaf or tea.
Liked:
I like the idea of the narration of her internal thoughts. It instantly aligns you with the character. I also like the returning themes throughout, like the coffee order. I liked how it was one take and the use of lighting is very creative.
Disliked
Only because it was left on a cliff hanger, I'd like to know how the conversation went.
Inspiration
I would look into using narration in my own piece.



Comments
Post a Comment