Echo (Lewis Arnold, 2011)

Echo - 4/10

About
17 year old Caroline breaks down after receiving a phone call delivering some tragic news, but her reaction soon reveals there is more to this call than first appears.

Narrative
This begins with the protagonist getting a phone call about her Dad. Two strangers help her get to the hospital but she goes home instead. There is a similar cyclical structure to this where she repeats the same phone call to scam people.


Liked
I liked the direct address included in this piece at one moment and I also liked how easily the audience connects and sympathises for the girl before feeling completely opposite.


Disliked
I hated the character and I think that was the aim of this short film, however I think it would've been more effective to have liked her all the way through until the very end.

Inspiration
I would like to use the idea of having a character who turns out not being the person they are portrayed as in the beginning.

Comments

Popular Posts