The Fly (Olly Willams, 2014)

The Fly - 7/10

About
A getaway driver waiting outside a bank robbery has three nerve shredding minutes to get through before his crew returns. All he has to do is focus..

Narrative
This short film is about a fly that annoys this man so much he goes to extreme lengths trying to get rid of it. It progressively gets more irritating and the getaway driver gets progressively more angry. In the end, he destroys his car, hurts himself and gets caught all because of the fly.

Liked
I enjoyed the humour of this one. Though the idea is basic and maybe even silly, I thought it was a funny concept that worked well for a short film.



Disliked
Despite it being funny, I think it was slightly overexaggerated.

Inspiration
There weren't really any micro-elements I would use from this short film for my own.

Comments

Popular Posts