Over (Jorn Threllfall, 2015)
Over - 6/10
About
This short films uses reverse chronological storytelling to reveal the incidents that caused a crime scene in a quiet neighbourhood,
Narrative
It's in a non-linear format, jumping from different times of the day where someone has died. We do not see how the person was killed until it is revealed at the end.
Liked
I really enjoyed the structure of this short film and I think how by just showing items without the explanation causes you to try and figure out who this person was and how they died when actually they are totally throwing you off scent of what really happened.
Disliked
Due to there not really being any clear dialogue we can engage with, personally, the piece lacks that involvement from the audience in the beginning.
Inspiration
I liked how this short film is centred around one story, one place and the cameras literally circle around where the body fell. The use of ambient sound and background noise are very interesting.
About
This short films uses reverse chronological storytelling to reveal the incidents that caused a crime scene in a quiet neighbourhood,
Narrative
It's in a non-linear format, jumping from different times of the day where someone has died. We do not see how the person was killed until it is revealed at the end.
Liked
I really enjoyed the structure of this short film and I think how by just showing items without the explanation causes you to try and figure out who this person was and how they died when actually they are totally throwing you off scent of what really happened.
Disliked
Due to there not really being any clear dialogue we can engage with, personally, the piece lacks that involvement from the audience in the beginning.
Inspiration
I liked how this short film is centred around one story, one place and the cameras literally circle around where the body fell. The use of ambient sound and background noise are very interesting.



Comments
Post a Comment